Snow Leopard color/brightness question

Hey all, I have just a quick question about my colors and brightness. I am currently a graphic designer so this seemed like it could have been a problem. I got Snow Leopard for Christmas(from leopard) and after I finished the installation and logged in, it looked like everything was a lot brighter and my colors were not as vibrant. I am kind of just trying to make sure something did not go wrong or if this is done for the better.

Any information will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced!

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    On the new install ALL the settings you had in Leopard wont be in your new OS SL .....
    Best bet is too go through all your settings and see if you can change them to what you want, or (if you backed up before hand) try and migrate your Leopard settings into the new OS . . . . Being a Graphic Designer you might have had the settings set to what you needed .... and now they are at default ...
    When i had my White MB and SL came out, i did a clen install and all seemed to be ok with me. Cant remember being a difference in the Graphics .....

Not being a developer and im not that Tech Savvy but the SL OS might have different defaults to leopard to maximise the the potential of the machine ?? Just throwing that one out there, hoping someone else could add to it

Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Hey, I get what you are saying but as far as the color settings, I was using to default for Leopard so I am assuming the default for Snow Leopard is different.

If anyone has any other information please let me know.

Thanks

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by petersonwork View Post
    ...it looked like everything was a lot brighter and my colors were not as vibrant.
    Others have reported that Snow Leopard's default setting is brighter than Leopard's. If it's just the brightness and vibrancy then try lowering the brightness. That should solve both of your problems. When your screen is too bright then the colors will look washed out and not vibrant.

Although considering you are a graphic designer, I'm surprised you don't already use a monitor calibration tool.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
    Others have reported that Snow Leopard's default setting is brighter than Leopard's. If it's just the brightness and vibrancy then try lowering the brightness. That should solve both of your problems. When your screen is too bright then the colors will look washed out and not vibrant.

Although considering you are a graphic designer, I'm surprised you don't already use a monitor calibration tool.
    I am aware but my home computer is not what I do most of the work on since I do not do much print work here. Before I were to adjust any of my settings here I wanted to make sure I did not have anything wrong "default" wise so I did not run into any problems down the road.

Since you answered the main question by letting me know other people were reporting that the brightness has been different, that is really what I was worried about.

Thanks everyone who contributed!

Thread Information