New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Snow Leopard color/brightness question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

petersonwork

petersonwork is on a distinguished road

Hey all, I have just a quick question about my colors and brightness. I am currently a graphic designer so this seemed like it could have been a problem. I got Snow Leopard for Christmas(from leopard) and after I finished the installation and logged in, it looked like everything was a lot brighter and my colors were not as vibrant. I am kind of just trying to make sure something did not go wrong or if this is done for the better.

Any information will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

On the new install ALL the settings you had in Leopard wont be in your new OS SL .....
Best bet is too go through all your settings and see if you can change them to what you want, or (if you backed up before hand) try and migrate your Leopard settings into the new OS . . . . Being a Graphic Designer you might have had the settings set to what you needed .... and now they are at default ...
When i had my White MB and SL came out, i did a clen install and all seemed to be ok with me. Cant remember being a difference in the Graphics .....

Not being a developer and im not that Tech Savvy but the SL OS might have different defaults to leopard to maximise the the potential of the machine ?? Just throwing that one out there, hoping someone else could add to it

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
petersonwork

Hey, I get what you are saying but as far as the color settings, I was using to default for Leopard so I am assuming the default for Snow Leopard is different.

If anyone has any other information please let me know.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersonwork View Post
...it looked like everything was a lot brighter and my colors were not as vibrant.
Others have reported that Snow Leopard's default setting is brighter than Leopard's. If it's just the brightness and vibrancy then try lowering the brightness. That should solve both of your problems. When your screen is too bright then the colors will look washed out and not vibrant.

Although considering you are a graphic designer, I'm surprised you don't already use a monitor calibration tool.
QUOTE Thanks
petersonwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
Others have reported that Snow Leopard's default setting is brighter than Leopard's. If it's just the brightness and vibrancy then try lowering the brightness. That should solve both of your problems. When your screen is too bright then the colors will look washed out and not vibrant.

Although considering you are a graphic designer, I'm surprised you don't already use a monitor calibration tool.
I am aware but my home computer is not what I do most of the work on since I do not do much print work here. Before I were to adjust any of my settings here I wanted to make sure I did not have anything wrong "default" wise so I did not run into any problems down the road.

Since you answered the main question by letting me know other people were reporting that the brightness has been different, that is really what I was worried about.

Thanks everyone who contributed!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring "stuff" from old powerbook to new MBP | How to install Mac OSx 10.6 server in Parallel desktop »