New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Issue with firewire drive and USB mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

redneck6497

redneck6497 is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I have a firewire 800 external enclosure for my new 750G drive I am preparing for my 2009 unibody macbook pro 15". When the drive starts with major activity, and some other times when the drive is going there is an annoying lag, or "jumpyness" with my mouse cursor. When I use the trackpad everything is fine.

I just reloaded OSX for the purpose of changing out my internal drive which was filling up and starting to give poor performance. I don't think its a major issue, plus, I think it will go away when I put this one inside the computer (on SATA BUS). However, it would be great to figure out why its doing it to begin with.

Any ideas>>>
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck6497 View Post
Hi All,

I have a firewire 800 external enclosure for my new 750G drive I am preparing for my 2009 unibody macbook pro 15". When the drive starts with major activity, and some other times when the drive is going there is an annoying lag, or "jumpyness" with my mouse cursor. When I use the trackpad everything is fine.

I just reloaded OSX for the purpose of changing out my internal drive which was filling up and starting to give poor performance. I don't think its a major issue, plus, I think it will go away when I put this one inside the computer (on SATA BUS). However, it would be great to figure out why its doing it to begin with.

Any ideas>>>
Well is the 750gb drive a 9.5mm drive or is it a 12.5mm drive? Because the latter will not fit properly in the MBP.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
redneck6497

redneck6497 is on a distinguished road

Its a Seagate momentus 750 9.5mm
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Larger Fonts | Update is taking too long! »