New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Safari refuses to find...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

welsh_flag

welsh_flag is on a distinguished road

Hi,

It really hacks me off that one is always being encouraged to upgrade to the latest operating system. I was perfectly happy using 10.4.11 but thought 10.6.5 would give me all that and more. Since upgrading just problems!

When using Safari (5.0.2) quite a few sites can't be reached (by that I mean the progress bar gets half-way and then 'hangs')

I have a premium subscription with Hotfile and would normally just click on the hotfile download link on whatever site I was on (using 10.4.11)

Since upgrading to 10.6.5 I can't even navigate via Google to the Hotfile site, let alone attempt a download.

Any ideas, please?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Yes, ditch Safari in favour of Firefox, or better still Chrome.
I know that doesn't explain why Safari won't connect, but it's not a good browser IMO.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
welsh_flag

I quite fancy Chrome, but am concerned that all the links, favourites, etc I've set up in Safari will have to be ditched and I'm not keen on going through that process again - unless there is a facility to migrate all files 'in-situ' as it were.

ANy thoughts from your Chrome experience?
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Love Chrome I use it all the time, it is really fast like they say. Best one i've used so far.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

You can import all of your bookmarks from Safari into Chrome at the click of a button when you set it up or after.
I never use Safari now.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
welsh_flag

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

After 10 years of using Safari I have to say I'm completely mystified at comments like these.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
After 10 years of using Safari I have to say I'm completely mystified at comments like these.
I suppose it's one of those things that just comes down to personal taste lol

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking to re-establish productivity OS features | System Preferences Won't Reopen »