New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Problem installing Snow Leopard on to Leopard Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stockwell

stockwell is on a distinguished road

Hey everybody,

Thanks for checking out the post (I'm new here). I'm trying to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on to my macbook but I keep getting this error.

"mac os x installation couldn't be completed" I get this message usually within 5 minutes of installation.

My macbook specs are...
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I've already tried repairing the disks. (I repaired my leopard with the snow leopard CD because I couldn't find the leopard CD. I heard it was fine to do.) I would have tried to verify and repair the partition but the buttons seemed to be grayed out for some reason.

Here is the error log...

Download Installer Log 21-Dec-2010 3.txt
(sorry for the download, forum rules. "The text that you have entered is too long (124319 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.")

If anyone can make heads or tails of this I would be grateful. I'm new to macs so really don't know whats going on.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

What color is the 10.6 install disk?...if it's gray it won't work...they are model specific & won't work on your computer.

If you don't already have it...get an "official" 10.6 install disk from Apple for $29.

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
stockwell

stockwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
What color is the 10.6 install disk?...if it's gray it won't work...they are model specific & won't work on your computer.

If you don't already have it...get an "official" 10.6 install disk from Apple for $29.

HTH,

- Nick

Thanks for the reply. It's a white disc with a picture of a snow leopard covered in snow. At the top it says "Mac OS X Snow Leopard".

My friend tried it already on his macbook with success.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

You need to get your own disk and try again.

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard and extensions | Did something stupid, failed reboot, need Unix help »