Problems with fresh reinstall
    Hi all

I currently own a 13" macbook unibody (the one from 2008) I have reinstalled my laptop half a dozen times with no problems in the past but after a recent fresh install its playing up. It works ok for around 30mins then the beach ball comes up and the laptop completely freezes for a few minutes then starts to work again. This lag happens all days long, Ive tried only running certain programs to see if I can isolate the problem but it appears to freeze and unfreeze whatever. Ive repaired disk permissions and all that stuff. When I do a fresh reinstall I always completely wipe the OSX and zero the data. I expect the best thing to do is to reinstall the operating system again and see if it persists but I have installed loads of software, music, files etc and I cant be bothered to do it unless I really need to. Any ideas ?????????

Down Under :D
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    A while back you were having performance problems and you were going to upgrade your RAM.
    So, is this since a RAM upgrade, and if so, was there any improvement?

Even then, I'm suspecting a dying HD.

2009 13" MBP with SSD
    Disk Utility, Verify Disk and Verify Disk Permissions, see if it flags up any problems

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Quote Originally Posted by aidenzralka View Post
    Hi all

... but I have installed loads of software, music, files etc and I cant be bothered to do it unless I really need to. Any ideas ?????????

Still have the stock 160GB drive in there? If not what size drive? And how much free space do you have left?
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information