New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Tethering to a microcell

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

127721 is on a distinguished road

Ok guys this is a difficult one but should be a simple solution that i cant figure out. I have a macbook pro. I know about tethering to xbox and it works. the problem is in the setup of the sharing. I cant configure the microcell. You cant go in and edit settings. It works fine at home with normal internet plugin but when i go to school i have perfect T1 internet connection speed wireless. The connection to the computer is fine its just the ethernet light keeps flashing rapidly which according to ATT is configuration. If you could help me that would be awesome... im tired of no service in the library//

update... the ethernet is giving itself a self assigned ip of

169.254.57.233 with 255.255.0.0 mask

perhaps this is the address I can forward the data to??
QUOTE Thanks

127721 is on a distinguished road

To reword the question more precise...

I have a ATT microcell 3g. It works fine at home plugged into my router. I would like to use this at school because the signal is **** pretty much everywhere in the town I am in. The school has t1 wireless speed. Usually you have to predefine the IP and the DNS gateway for the sharing to be done. Unfortunatly there is no way to configure this on the microcell. It is plug and play for ethernet internet connection. So I have to make the ethernet on my computer literally act like a port for internet... not just internet sharing... big points guys i have no clue
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP PLEASE: Brand New MacBook Pro Hangs and Must Restart?!! | Customising folder icons »