New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

help: lingon terminal command at startup python string

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lawlist

lawlist is an unknown at this point

Can anyone please help me figure out how to have a simple command string run in the terminal every time I startup, and have the terminal window close automatically when it is done? I have lingon, which should make it easy, but I still need help. I created a "user agent", but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick and there are no error messages. Here is the string I need to run from terminal every time the computer starts up (and then close the terminal after the string is run):

python /Applications/python-client/tcprelay.py -t 22:2222 &

Or get to the directory /Applications/python-client, and then run

python tcprelay.py -t 22:2222 &

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png lingon.png (89.1 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks
lawlist

lawlist is an unknown at this point

I wrote a simple shell script with 755 permissions and used lingon to execute the shell script with a user agent -- command string "sh [path to shell script]".

#!/bin/bash

# iphone usb ssh script

/Applications/python-client/tcprelay.py -t 22:2222 &

However, I was unable to figure out how to force the full command string to execute without a shell script just by running a user agent at logon -- the farthest I got was executing tcprelay.py without the arguments, and am not sure why the arguments are not recognized -- looking in /var/log/system.log revealed that tcprelay.py was being executed without arguments despite the user agent containing the arguments.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backup for Windows | need help with os x!!! »