New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

midnight logout

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

roflwaffle1237

roflwaffle1237 is on a distinguished road

hey everyone, so my girlfriends macbook pro has this problem.
every night, the very second the clock hits 12:00 midnight, it logs out.
this happens every night without fail and neither of us can seem to figure it out.
any ideas?
all help is greatly appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Logs out, or sleeps or shuts down?
If it's sleep or shut down, I'd be looking at System Preferences>energy saver>Schedule.
Other than that, all I can think of is parental controls on her Mac.
Does she live at home with her parents, using a standard account, with her parents admins to the Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Just been Googling this, not heard much about it before. The only thing I can find about automatic logout is under System Preferences > Security > General, there are a couple of options for automatic logout after x minutes etc, don't think this will be the problem, but might be worth a look.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
Just been Googling this, not heard much about it before. The only thing I can find about automatic logout is under System Preferences > Security > General, there are a couple of options for automatic logout after x minutes etc, don't think this will be the problem, but might be worth a look.

- Simon
This is the thing.
If it were happening after a certain amount of time (ie 90 mins) of use every time after the user logged, than that is where I'd be looking too, but seeing that it happens like clockwork at midnight, I'd suspect it's the first part of my post above.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Yeah sorry I was typing while you had posted didn't notice your post until I had submitted mine lol

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
roflwaffle1237

i already check the energy saver, the schedule isnt set, auto logout isnt set in security and she has the only account on the computer besides the guest account. her account is admin, but it says its managed. any idea what that means?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

In that case it has parental controls set on that account.
To do this and have no other admin account on there, you would have to have had another admin account at some stage, created that admin account and added parental controls, and then deleted the admin account that setup the parental controls.
QUOTE Thanks
roflwaffle1237

can these parental controls be taken off some how?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle1237 View Post
can these parental controls be taken off some how?
Yes, but only if you have an admin username and password (or just ask her parents)

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
roflwaffle1237

i think i got it fixed...thanks for the help guys!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine problem | Restore discs from a different Mac? »