New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Snow Leopard and screensavers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markhula

markhula is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

My mac's gone weird, ever since I tried to upgrade to itunes 10.
Anyway, now my default screen savers don't work.
If I 'test' them they are fine, but they never actually happen when they should i.e. after 1 minute or whatever.
Looking in console sometimes I see preferences has error reports such as "long doesn't match apple double" or "can't find match"
Is there anyway to sort out my screensaver's and get them working again?

thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Since iTunes or since the update to snow leopard? Because 32 bit screen savers don't work in SL, or didn't.
QUOTE Thanks
markhula

Hi,

Since installing itunes 10 - which doesn't work anyway! (it crashes almost immediately on loading).

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhula View Post
Hi,

Since installing itunes 10 - which doesn't work anyway! (it crashes almost immediately on loading).

Cheers
Well myself and a lot of other in the forum havnt had a single problem with iTunes 10 ...
Have you tried to trash it then download again and reinstall it?? Even in the everglades of the interweb, i cant find anything on iTunes10 crashing on a install .. You might have got a bad .dmg or something similar .. . . . ... . ... .
Maybe a Repair Permissions via Disk Utility will help you out some. Once done that log out then back in .... DL iTunes 10 again and install it. After the Repair your Screensaver could work again as well

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
markhula

Hi,

It doesn't crash on the install.
It appears to install fine.
Just when I run it it hangs after a few seconds and I have to force a quit.
I did delete the app and reinstall again; same problem.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i erased all my documents in my mac osx 10.5.8 | System resets automatically? »