New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mail does not remember Gmail password …

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mikeo1938

Mikeo1938 is on a distinguished road

When I reopen Mail (4.4) after it has been shut, it fails to remember my password for gmail. I get the prompt box “Enter password for account etc etc”. When I enter the password into this box the messages go out OK.

Mail does not have this problem when receiving e-mails to my Gmail account

My various other accounts (non gmail) are not affected

My wife’s gmail e-mail account on the same computer is not affected and is working normally; that is to say, Mail duly remembers her password, as it had done with mine until recently.

Any ideas, pse?

M
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Probably a good thing as gmail is that insecure it is quite easy to crack. Trust you have a mixed numeric.alphabetic password? If you do a Google you will find many, many reports on this:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...insecureandoth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to Disable Snap feature in Display -> Arrangement | Sharing Printer Problem »