Specs:
    1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod Nano G5, iPod 2&5 G
    I Really Screwed up :(
    Heyy guy's, i was experimenting with my Mac running tiger and i accidently deleted the hole core services folder. My wireless stopped working after a mod i used, i can't remember the name of it. anyway's my computer will not boot up into OSX it will get to the start up login thingy and will quit there... i DO NOT have a boot disc, nor do i know anyone with one. i need help... PLEASE !!

PS.
    Ignore my thing below here.
    iBook with 1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod 5G and iPod 2G, also a iPod touch, iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 3 iMac G4 2GB ram, 1TB hard drive running Leopard ... I think i know what I'm doing.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Without your original install disc, or a 'full retail version' of Tiger or later you are out of luck.
    If your Mac (whichever Mac you are talking about) came installed with OS X 10.4.6, then a retail version of 10.4.0 will not work.
    If this is an intel Mac, and it meets the minimum system requirements, you could just purchase Snow Leopard ($25-$30) and install that.

Specs:
    1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod Nano G5, iPod 2&5 G
    it's my ibook g4, no intel... i bought it used so i don't know what it came with, but if i callappel and get a leopard disc it should work eh ?
    iBook with 1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod 5G and iPod 2G, also a iPod touch, iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 3 iMac G4 2GB ram, 1TB hard drive running Leopard ... I think i know what I'm doing.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    I forgot about that option.
    If you call Apple with the serial number, they will send you the original install discs for something like the $17-$20 mark.

That's the way to go

BTW... install discs for another machine wont work (grey coloured discs).
    Even if you were to buy Leopard, it has to be the full retail version, and would set you back somewhere in $100-$200 price mark.

Thread Information