New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can't access a few certain websites. What do?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Can't access a few certain websites. What do?

Yeah a few websites I frequent I now am just getting the page loading to a blank white page. And I did a ping test to the site and it worked. But the traceroute to these sites got part way through then failed. One of the sites in Jamie Oliver's site. And a few others too.

And I know these sites are up and working. It is very strange to have 99.9% of all websites working but you can't access a couple ones that you really need. Makes you want to rip your hair out. Just so annoying.

And I am using the OpenDNS DNS. And that works for all websites bar these few I need. And is there anything I can do about this? Really it's just so annoying.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with energy saver in system preferences | I Really Screwed up :( »