New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Safari not displaying properly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

_George_

_George_ is on a distinguished road

My first post here although I have been reading and benefiting from the information here for some time.

I am having a problem with Safari on my iMac not displaying pages properly, especially fields that require text input. Some sites are more problematic that others but the problem is not site related because my MacBook Pro does not have the same issue.

I am running OSX 10.6.5 with Safari 5.0.3 and the problem I am experiencing is easier to show than explain. Below are two screenshots of Google and eBay where the text in the fields and other places does not display correctly. Notice the line running along the top of the Google page and the fact that I can see bold text on eBay but not read message that are displayed in regular font.

I have played with the browser font size and I reinstalled Safari from the SL disk but no luck.

Any ideas what is the source of the problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks a lot!

George

http://img217.imageshack.us/f/googleg.jpg/
http://img252.imageshack.us/i/ebayi.jpg/
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Have you installed any safari extensions recently? They could be conflicting with pages.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
_George_

_George_ is on a distinguished road

Hi Simon,

not that I am aware of, although the problem appeared rather suddenly...

George
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« User Permissions | Alt. Options to Itunes »