New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

BootCamp 3.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ciwan

Ciwan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard

Hi Guys

I'm trying to get Windows 7 64Bit on my iMac 27" for ASP.NET Development.

This Guide says I need to upgrade my BootCamp to 3.1 through the Apple Menu Software Update.

However when I go there .. it says no Updates are available and yet my BootCamp is still at version 3.0.2 !!

How do I upgrade my BootCamp to 3.1 on my iMac ?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.

"Animals, whom we have made our slaves, we do not like to consider our equal." .... Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Bootcamp is now at 3.2. Below is a link to the standalone version of the updater for Windows 7 64bit.

Boot Camp Software Update 3.2 for Windows 64 bit

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Ciwan

Hmm I'm confused. I thought BootCamp is a Mac program that runs on a Mac and allows Windows to be installed !!
QUOTE Thanks
Ciwan

Also I have now installed Windows 7 using BootCamp and all I'm getting is a Black Screen ! No Mac OS X or Win 7 !! Have I recked my iMac ?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

The bootCamp assistant runs in OSX and partitions the disc. The bootcamp software you're talking about runs in Windows.

I posted a full install guide, including a way to avoid the black screen issue on your previous bootcamp thread:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...ws-7-imac.html

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tracking down ad hoc wifi network | Spinning beach ball replaced by clock out of now where? »