Thread: Anyway to....

Fomer
    Anyway to....
    Change the name of my account? If not then on ichat is there anyway to make it show my aim sn instead of real name... its kina weird having my name up there instead sn.

Anyway to....
    Specs:
    1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Fomer
    Change the name of my account? If not then on ichat is there anyway to make it show my aim sn instead of real name... its kina weird having my name up there instead sn.
    Change the name of your account on M-F or for AIM(iChat)???

Either way, with iChat, it only shows you your name, to everyone else, it's just your screen name.

Either way, I suggest just gettin AOL Instant Messenger http://www.aim.com

sKaD

Fomer
    Yeah I knew they saw my sn, I just wanted to see it myself. I wasn't to happy with aim's mac port. I am going to give a messenger like fire or something a shot

hokiethang
    Quote Originally Posted by Fomer
    Yeah I knew they saw my sn, I just wanted to see it myself. I wasn't to happy with aim's mac port. I am going to give a messenger like fire or something a shot
    You should be able to click on the name and it will switch to your screen name. I would also like to suggest adium. I dont like using a mouse/trackpad and adium has everything in one tabbed window. I like it, and its another option for use instead of ichat. ichat needs some updates before I will switch back to it.

Anyway to....
    Specs:
    G52x1.81.53208x+/-
    you can! since ichat uses Address Book for contacts, it uses Address Book for your contact. Just select yourself in the Address Book (should default to "Me") and change the name to whatever you want. Or you can make a seperate contact for your screen name, and right click it (control click) and say "Set as Me")

Fomer
    Thank you macaddict. Worked like a charm.

Thread Information