New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iPad sync with Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Roadstone

Roadstone is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I'm a Mac newbie. That said, have worked in the Unix / Windows world for a while (so not a complete newbie to IT related issues). I have a client who is running Snow Leopard server at home with 3 iMacs connected and 1 Macbook Pro. He also has 3 iPads and an iPhone for members of his family. I've configured the Opendirectory services, along with the mail services and CardDev / iCal services, and all works internally. I'm now in the process of configuring his iPads. Whilst I have the imap / smtp services working nicely over SSL (mail is working), I am struggling to figure out the settings required to get the calendars and address book to sync. For the calendar account, I have added the details as follows:

Server - Public URL to the server
Username - Open Directory account login name
PAssword - Users password
Advanced Settings:
Use SSL - On
Port - 8443
Account URL - https://<server_url>:8443/principles/users/<login_name>

The Account URL seems to differ from the URL I see in the Calendar app on the iMac, but if I change the iPad config to match this I still do not get the correct calendar displaying / syncing.

On the address book front, I am struggling to find similar settings that would allow me to connect to the iPad to the address book.

Can anyone suggest something I might be missing? If I http to the ports in question from a browser, I can connect, indicating that it is not a firewall / router issue. There does not appear to be anything in the logs indicating an error.

Many thanks,

Rob
QUOTE Thanks
Roadstone

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Apple Server support and they have told me the following regarding address book sync:

There are only three ways to sync the address book:
  • Via iTunes (cable)
  • Via a Mobile Me account
  • Via Exchange.

If would seem there is no way to sync an iPhone / iPad directly to the CardDAV services. So now I know that, I am just trying to get the iCal services working. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob
QUOTE Thanks
Roadstone

Hi all,

Just to say that all is working now. Was a problem with the calendar app configuration on the iMac, that was causing it no to see updates. The settings I have mentioned above are exactly right. All working well.

Cheers

Rob
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to host your own site on your mac? | Time machine giving trouble »