New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Quick OS X Installation Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SuperPang

SuperPang is on a distinguished road

I'm selling my Macbook Pro and want to return it to factory settings for the buyer.

I put the OSX Install DVD in and held C. I didn't get an "Erase and Install" option so I went into the utilities, zeroed Macintosh HD and then went through the install procedure. The Mac now boots with the welcome sequence so it all looks good but when I finished the install it said I may need to re-install the Applications if I erased the HDD.

So, basically what I want to know is, do I need to install the apps from the other disc and what's the best way as obviously I can't check if everything's present and correct without setting up again and if I did that I'd be back to square one.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

If you did a complete re-install then the Apps that came with the Mac OS will be on your machine.
There is additional stuff on the 2nd dvd but nothing to worry about ...
So the way it is is right to go

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
SuperPang

SuperPang is on a distinguished road

Excellent, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help! Trojans! | Kernel Panic After Time Machine Restore »