Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use Kile in Mac but i still have some troubles, and I was hoping if someone could help me...

I installed Kile via ports by the following command

sudo ports install kile

everything is fine and i can run it by X11. Actually it compiles and it's ok, but then i cannot see the pdf file. I dont know if this is because of running in X11 so i should also put any extra command apart from

sudo kile

i tried to fix the problem by changing the preferences of kile (pdfviewer and so on) but the point is that kpdf is the default viewer and i'm using Skim. Actually i guess kpdf isnt installed in mac. So u can write and change the command to use any other software like Skim, but maybe i'm not doing correctly...

I'm a bit confused and lost using LaTeX in mac. I used it for a long time in Windows and in Mac it is Texshop and Texworks which really work fine, but Kile is the best LaTeX editor and i'd like to use it...

I tried to follow this link in order to install it, but i failed in the automator step and also in some packages installation.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...71024061901344

So any advice and help is welcome. I must admit i'm really desperated and after hours i couldnt manage it...

thanks in advance,

Munoz