New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Kile in Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

L3munoz

L3munoz is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use Kile in Mac but i still have some troubles, and I was hoping if someone could help me...

I installed Kile via ports by the following command

sudo ports install kile

everything is fine and i can run it by X11. Actually it compiles and it's ok, but then i cannot see the pdf file. I dont know if this is because of running in X11 so i should also put any extra command apart from

sudo kile

i tried to fix the problem by changing the preferences of kile (pdfviewer and so on) but the point is that kpdf is the default viewer and i'm using Skim. Actually i guess kpdf isnt installed in mac. So u can write and change the command to use any other software like Skim, but maybe i'm not doing correctly...

I'm a bit confused and lost using LaTeX in mac. I used it for a long time in Windows and in Mac it is Texshop and Texworks which really work fine, but Kile is the best LaTeX editor and i'd like to use it...

I tried to follow this link in order to install it, but i failed in the automator step and also in some packages installation.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...71024061901344

So any advice and help is welcome. I must admit i'm really desperated and after hours i couldnt manage it...

thanks in advance,

Munoz
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Application help | File Transfer Issue »