Red face OSX 10.6 Screensaver won't lock

I have to confess that I have been playing around with security here. I created a hidden admin account (one that does not appear in System Preferences / Accounts), there is now a small problem. No matter what account I use (hidden or otherwise) and no matter what I set in Security WRT requiring a password after sleep or screensaver a password is no longer required. FYI I used the following to hide the user:

/usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/ Hide500Users -bool TRUE
    /usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/ HiddenUsersList -array myadmin
    /usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/ SHOWOTHERUSERS_MANAGED -bool FALSE

I have also ensured that auto-login is not enabled - when i shutdown/reboot I still have to log in.

It may have nothing to do with it but I thought it was worth a mention. Any ideas out there?

Cool Interesting
    OK - so mystery solved.. sort of.

Up to this point I had tried a number of different things. I had rebooted.. logged in and out with the 2 accounts (one hidden) and changed the screensaver/security settings back and forth with no luck. Then I posted to this forum as a last resort; I hate being beat.

Just after I did that I thought of one thing I hadn't previously tried. So I created a new, standard user account (ie not admin) and logged in with that. To my amazement I was able to lock my screen with the screensaver. I logged out and back in with my own account and bingo! The screensaver lock was restored. I'd really like to find out what went on there but I am afraid I will never find out. As per the original post any ideas on that would be much appreciated.

Thread Information