Specs:
    13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
    Question Repairing disk permissions not working
    I've got Mac OS X 10.6 and I'm trying to repair disk permissions on my macbook. I haven't done it in a long time(must have been about a year now)…

What happens is that I repair disk permissions but when I restart my macbook and do it again the same permissions are said to be a problem and consequently fixed…here is a list of all the permissions that are fixed:

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .
    Repaired "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/jconsole.jar".
    User differs on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib", should be 0, user is 95.
    Repaired "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib".
    User differs on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries", should be 0, user is 95.
    Repaired "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries".
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .
    Repaired "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/jconsole.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/jconsole.jar".
    User differs on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/lib", should be 95, user is 0.
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/lib".
    User differs on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Libraries", should be 95, user is 0.
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Libraries".
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
    Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib".
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete
    So in summary the same permissions come up, this obviously can't be correct…

Aslo I've used onyx to repair permissions but it also does the same thing. I've also used onyx to clear caches amongst other things but I still get the same problems in Disk Utility…

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this…

Thanks for all your help in advance…
    Vikram Shah

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Check your list against this one. You may be able to ignore some (or all) of them.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    cheers mate

I'll check it tomorrow and report back
    Vikram Shah

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Yep, they are all safe to ignore!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by 6string View Post
    Yep, they are all safe to ignore!
    wow did you check them all for me? I don't know what to say…I woke up this morning thinking I really dont want to be doing that on a sunday! guess you answered my prayers!!! thanks mate
    Vikram Shah

Specs:
    which one?
    Safe to Ignore?
    I have the same ones listed and they are NOT listed on the safe to ignore list as was indicated above.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaleb.mckale View Post
    I have the same ones listed and they are NOT listed on the safe to ignore list as was indicated above.
    All the those java related preferences are related to the java update leaving conflicting permissions with the previous versions.
    They are nothing to be concerned about.

The SUID warning is also safe to ignore.

The list hasn't been updated since December 2009.

It all started with Java for Mac OS X 10.6 update 1, with this one:
    Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
    Repaired "usr/share/derby".

The list started piling up with Java for Mac OS X 10.6 update 2 and grew a lot more with update 3.

Thread Information