New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iPhoto'11 problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

boo2zz

boo2zz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3;

Hi everyone.

Before I decided to write this thread I had a look at the forum, but could not find a solution. Yesterday I have upgraded to iLife'11 and there is one minor issue with iPhoto I would like to discuss. Basically, every time when I create a new album it appears that there are some photos in that new album already, in other words the new album is not empty. The photos which are included into new album are not random. If let's say I already have an album called Summer 2010 and I am watching it, and than I decide that I need to create a new album to put some photos there, I press file>new>album and iPhoto creates a new album with all the photos from Summer 2010 in it. I don't get it, what could be the problem? Or is it simply a bug, which will be solved soon?

Any ideas or solutions will be highly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I don't yet own iPhoto 11 so I'm just guessing here, but perhaps iPhoto is "helpfully" including any already-selected photos in the new album. Make sure all photos are de-selected, then try to create a new album and see if that makes a difference.
QUOTE Thanks
boo2zz

Chas_m, thanks for your try, but this is not the case here. See the thing is that I do not select any photos while trying to create a new album. I went further and had a look on the apple.com user forum, and it appears that it is not only me who has this issue. Another person out there has the same problem. But for now, what I have done is: I created a new album and deleted all the photos inside (which were once again placed there by iPhoto) and now this album is called untitled album and is absolutely empty, so now each time I want to create a new album I simply click on that untitled album and than press File>New>Album, and it works. Sorry for my confusing explanation - English is not my mother language.

In other words, it appears that instead of creating a new "blank/empty" album, iPhoto'11 just duplicates the album you are viewing while trying to create a new one.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Not sure if this will help you,but there is a patch available for iPhoto 9 ( which is iLife 11 ) ... Patch is available via software update.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
boo2zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBie View Post
Not sure if this will help you,but there is a patch available for iPhoto 9 ( which is iLife 11 ) ... Patch is available via software update.

Cheers ... McBie
Yeah, I updated it last night. I think it was mainly aimed at people who lost their Photo Library after updating to iPhoto'11. But never mind, I reckon all these problems will be solved shortly, just need to wait

But either way, thanks to you all, for your help guys. I appreciate it a lot.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I install Lion? | Underline Keyboard Shortcuts »