Snow Leopard Upgrade Assistance
    I have been online for hours trying to figure this out. So I signed up here hoping someone might have a clear answer for me. I have read through other threads, not every single one, that would drive me insane! But I really have tried so don't get mad at me for posting this one.

OK, I have the Snow Leopard image on a usb which I put on using disc utility. The image is from one of the pull priced installs, and not the upgrade one. I know I really SHOULD backup my data, but I can't I don't have an external hard drive, and there is no way I will be able to get my hands on one for a very long time. And by long I don't mean days, I mean months.

Now when I turn of my computer, and turn it on again, I chose the usb with the install on it, chose the language, and then it gives me the option to use time machine, and then the click to continue. Now what I would like to know is, if I let it load for the 45 minute estimated time, will I get any prompts or choices after that? Will it erase my data, or just upgrade it? I'd just like to know what I can expect before I do that.

Also would it be a better option to burn it to a cd? I don't have any dual layers at the moment, but I can grab some any time. Basically, I'd just like to know what is going to happen if I let it load for the 45 minutes after I restart/turn off and on. And if it would be better to upgrade it from a dvd and not a usb (if it matters at all). Right now I am running 10.5.8.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Sorry, no help with pirated software here. It's $30 - about the cheapest upgrade you could ever make. And since it comes on DVD from the factory, you won't have to worry about how to burn it.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Information