New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Problems with iMac after installing Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hforth

Hforth is on a distinguished road

I went to install Snow Leopard the other day and left it to install for a while. When I got back it looked as though it had rebooted the computer during the installation and when I went to operate it I found a few problems with the system:

1. The Snow Leopard program didn't seem to install onto my computer even after a second installation.
2. My magic mouse was having problems for example the finger swipe to scroll up down or across was not working.
3. The computer would not go into sleep mode - both automatically and manually.
4. The Expose function/button was not working so after changing the system preferences for it, it seemed to mess up the rest of the f1, f2, f3 etc. keys so now the volume, pause/play and next track buttons no longer do what they are supposed to.

I have tried restarting the system etc. but nothing seems to work.
Can someone please help me with this?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

G'day and welcome to the forums.

Well for starters how about some info on your system? Intel, PowerPC, full retail install SL discs and not a system specific or upgrade version? Very hard for anyone to help with so little assistance.
QUOTE Thanks
Hforth

Hforth is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I'm not a computer whizz so all I can tell you that I know is that it is a Macintosh HD version 10.6.

One more thing to add;
I have been experiencing buzzing lines that ravel up the screen lately as well as the other things.

I'm not sure what has happened but it seems as though Snow Leopard corrupted the system or something.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« file names short. not sure why? | Can you change your "default" startup disk? »