New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

cannot delete a avi. from trash.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mitch500

mitch500 is on a distinguished road

recently had a media file. it is avi. anyways i put it in my trash and i cannot delete it.... a windows come up saying the file is in use. it gives you the choice to push stop or continue. neither work, i cannot get ride of it...
any suggestions.?
-Mitch
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Right Click + Command key on the trash can and it should change from empty trash to secure empty trash.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Or just reboot then trash the file.
QUOTE Thanks
Lord Alveric

Lord Alveric is on a distinguished road

Close all running apps, then try again.

If everything fails, you still have the console. Move the file to the desktop, then log off or reboot. Upon logging back on, open the Console (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and navigate to the desktop (cd Desktop), and then type "srm [file name]" (without the quotes).

Wer die Wahl hat, hat die Qual.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I hate nesting function in Mail 4.3 | To reach on file/directory's path »