New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Safari Suggest Password but not Autofill

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

razzleroc

razzleroc is on a distinguished road

Hi there people,

I've had my Macbook pro now for about a month..
And just recently I've come across a minor problem. It isn't major, but something I would like just for convenience/preference.

Having done a fair amount of searching and reading, i checked out that many people have spoken of issues with Autofill on Safari.
But the problem I am faced with is a little different.

Basically after about a week or so of using my mbpro Safari was quite clever and recognised trends in my use-age i.e it would automatically suggest usernames and passwords for sites I wanted to access. The key term here is 'SUGGEST' not autofill. In fact, I only started checking out autofill today to try and cure my problem. But this just always has your details filled in when you access a site.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DO NOT WANT.
I would like for my information to be suggested as I am typing it in...as this in itself has a higher degree of security rather than it just always being there.

An example would be:
when logging into say facebook...I would type a few letters, after which the email would be suggested (highlighted in blue) along with the password. Then all I would have to do is press enter.

This is what I would like to happen. But for some reason this has stopped.

Can anyone tell me why this is and more importantly how I can get this function back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disk Utility and Activity Montior will not open | Safari hangs have to force quit it »