Question No logs on parental control
    We have our mac set up with parental controls. However, when I try to look at the logs, it is blank. If I go into library/app support/ apple/ parental control, it wont let me in as a user. It shows a red minus sign. How can I fix this? The logs used to be there, but have disappeared. I am not a techi, so please dumb it down for me.

Specs:
    15" Macbook Pro 2.0Ghz i7 8GB AMD 6490M 256OCZ Vertex 4 SSD | iPhone 5S 16GB
    Are you logged in with an Administrator account or the user who created the parental controls?

My husband and I are both admins.We have a separate password from my daughters' account.

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    The folder /Library/Application\ Support/Apple/ParentalControls/Users is inaccessible by default and should not be tampered unless it is needed for some reason.

Why are you trying to get in there anyway?
    The logs can be looked at in the System Preferences>Parental Controls>Logs if you have Admin privileges.
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Why am I trying to get in there? I want to see what is on my daughters log as to what web sites she has been on. That's what parental controls are for. The log box is always blank, so I cant pull anything up. There is a button on the bottom of the box that has an option to open such websites, but alas, that button isn't clickable, as in not highlighted. There used to be a log list, and it isn't there anymore, it's not capturing anything. And last but not least, I am her mother.

Specs:
    2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
    whoa! Back it off there a tad racegirl I don't think McYukon was questioning your motives, need or desire to achieve what you rightfully need to be able -just questioning the path you took to achieve your aim!

Looks to me like he's genuinely trying to assist -wish I could, but I haven't set up the PC for my daughters Mac yet... but that is why I'm following this thread with interest!

As I read his posts to date, I think he's trying to get you to log into the PC controls with the same login that was used when the controls were set-up originally. It may be that the controls you need are only available within that account.
    Keep it Straight with Rudder

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Parental Controls - Logs
    Is this helpful?

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    Maybe I should have expressed myself more clearly.
    What I meant is what RadioSaigon and 6string added, usually the place to read the logs is in the System Preferences from an Admin account.

There are rare cases in which you need to access the logs the way you are trying, but usually just for trouble shooting.
    This is how you do it then, http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...81212163548700
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Thread Information