Boot Camp issues
    I wasn't really sure where to post this, since it involves both OS x and Windows, but here goes:

A while ago I lost my wireless router, so I had to use an Ethernet to plug in, and was having some trouble with that, because I didn't have the driver but also no wireless connection to use to download it. Alas I went to a local McDonalds which had a wireless connection I could use to download the correct driver and now everything works great, I now have internet on my PC side, but I now have a new problem. The little diamond-icon in the task bar is gone, and I can no-longer use the F-buttons to change the brightness and volume and what have you like I could before, and so on the PC side I am now stuck without sound because I can't increase the volume, I guess. Essentially something about boot camp is messed up on my PC side. Any ideas as to what this could be?

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Sounds like you don't have the Boot Camp driver package installed. Fixing it should be quite simple - pop in your Mac OS X System Disc or OS X install disc while running Windows. It should automatically bring up the Boot Camp installer. If it doesn't you may need to open the Disc from My Computer. Run the install. When it's finished, be sure to run the Apple Software Update options from the Start Menu. It will likely download an update to the Boot Camp software. Be sure to install that as well.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

The driver update worked great, and I now have all those things back, BUT...I still don't have any audio, yet it says my driver is up to date and what have you. What's going on with that?

Thread Information