New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Energy saver in system pref freezes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

flavor of locke

flavor of locke is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13"MBP 2.53GHz 4GB 10.6 250GB Seagate Hybrid SSD

So, every time I open up the energy saver preferences, it looks like this:

Also, if i try to check/uncheck a box, it freezes the system pref app.

WTF, mate?

"I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits."
-John Locke
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Open the Finder and navigate to:

MacIntosh HD/System/Library/PreferencePanes/

Look for a folder called: EnergySaver.prefPane

Is it there?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Would putting to the desktop the Preferences .plist help any .... ??

The only ones i could find are
com.apple.preference.desktopscreeneffect.plist
com.apple.PreferenceSync.plist

These dont look as if they have anything to do with System Preferences though ??

Just a thought

Cheers
EDIT
AHHHHH reread your post chscag lol that would be more appropriate

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
flavor of locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Open the Finder and navigate to:

MacIntosh HD/System/Library/PreferencePanes/

Look for a folder called: EnergySaver.prefPane

Is it there?
Yes.

I've also run both DW and OnyX, if that counts for anything. Cleaned house.

"I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits."
-John Locke
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor of locke View Post
Yes.

I've also run both DW and OnyX, if that counts for anything. Cleaned house.

So what then ?? Is it still happening ?? Do you have a Backup as well ?? Might be looking at a OS reinstall .....

EDIT : Maybe if you have a friend with OSX you could get the Energy Saver Preference Pane off them and trash the other one ?? Just a thought... PM me with your addy and ill send you one and see if that helps some ..

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
flavor of locke

My dad has almost the same MBP as me so I can try that tomorrow.

-John Locke
QUOTE Thanks
flavor of locke

Had to get a new external HD but the clean install worked like a charm! Thanks for the input guys

-John Locke
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS X Booting Issues, and rEFIt not Loading | Getting OSX Back onto 'Windows' Macbooks »