New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Terminal Wrong Date

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jfordtmc

jfordtmc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4 core, mac mini server, a bunch of PC's

I came out to me office this morning to find my computer at it's login screen. I found this odd since I new that I did not log out of my computer last night. I typed the cmd(s) 'uptime', 'last reboot' and 'last' in the terminal to get a little history and got a little confused. It gave me history all the way up to Mon Aug 30 16:10 and then stated I was still logged in as well as mentioning a crash and reboot just minutes before my last login at Mon Aug 30 16:08. I know that I have restarted since Aug 30.

It seems to me that the terminal is reporting the wrong date, so I typed in the 'date' command and it gives the correct date. Is there any way the terminal could be reporting the wrong date when using historical commands or does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks,
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard hover problems | Process of removing OS 9 and installing OS X? »