New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

can't find driver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Skorpius

Skorpius is on a distinguished road

And so I finally got Vista on my mac, now the question I have is why I can't hear anything on the Vista side.... I have the drivers installed for the sound device, but still no sound....
any ideas
QUOTE Thanks
Skorpius

well then... now its more... now theres no device... I'm just lost now....
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpius View Post
And so I finally got Vista on my mac, now the question I have is why I can't hear anything on the Vista side.... I have the drivers installed for the sound device, but still no sound....
any ideas
Did you install the Boot Camp drivers off your OS X install disc?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Just what I was was thinking!
QUOTE Thanks
Skorpius

yeh, i installed everything right... it worked for about an hour then I shut the computer down and booted it up the next day, at first it just wasn't working, now it's just saying that there isn't a sound device... works perfectly on mac, just not on vista.... I'm gonna clear out the partition and do it all over again... any suggestions on the proper way to do... like step by step... if you know a link, it'd be great... but that whole, just put in the disk obviously didn't work... it kept installing cirrus and realtek, and it was just confusing for me, I'm a novice to mac, so bear with me please...
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeh, i installed everything right... it worked for about an hour then I shut the computer down and booted it up the next day, at first it just wasn't working, now it's just saying that there isn't a sound device... works perfectly on mac, just not on vista.... I'm gonna clear out the partition and do it all over again... any suggestions on the proper way to do... like step by step... if you know a link, it'd be great... but that whole, just put in the disk obviously didn't work... it kept installing cirrus and realtek, and it was just confusing for me, I'm a novice to mac, so bear with me please...
What model and year of Mac do you have, and what version of OS X?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Skorpius

Well, I did some tinkering and I figured it out...
All I had to do was go into the device manager and uninstall the driver and check the box to delete all the files... I rebooted the computer, while offline, didn't work while I was online, and it found the driver installed and now it works...

so is there a solved button on here somewhere...
I do appreciate all your help...
QUOTE Thanks
Skorpius

so where can I post the solution to this so I can explain exactly what I did. I just want everyone Rooks to Vets of mac to know incase it happens to them....
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
so where can I post the solution to this so I can explain exactly what I did. I just want everyone Rooks to Vets of mac to know incase it happens to them....
You already did.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
Army1ret

Army1ret is on a distinguished road

I thought the issue I was having with Boot Camp using Vista was with my computer. I have a 2 yr old MacBook Pro and uploaded Vista in a Boot Camp partition. It worked fine.

Until I bought my daughter a 2010 MacBook Pro. I did the same thing on hers but the sound didn't work. I tried to fix it for two solid days.

I did fix it.

I downloaded the Windows service pack, both of them, for Vista. Once I did that I re-installed Boot Camp drivers. You may have to go in and delete the current sound drivers, but once done you can install your drivers again. Bang, it works.

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

Yep, just to add to this thread for anyone that might find it via search. Once you install the OS via Boot Camp make sure that you have Windows install all the patches and service packs. 99% of the time that will solve your problems.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The best fix for anything Vista is update to Windows 7.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hard Ware issues | iMac won't restore to original OS X »