New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Firefox almost totally dead

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

challenged

challenged is on a distinguished road

FF started freezing on a once in awhile basis in June '10 and despite trying various fixes, it is now worse than ever and freezes every 2 minutes, literally.

I've tried removing add ons, various applications (silverlight, labtick) and the more I try to repair it, the worse I've made it. I installed an earlier version 3.0 but that failed to fix it.

I'm currently using Safari but want FF back!! Please help!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Trash Firefox completely and download the latest version.
Also, verify your permissions in disk utility, and repair them.
That should sort any issues.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

As above..... But you may need to use AppCleaner or AppZapper to locate all the associated files.
The reason I say 'locate' is that before trashing, if using AppCleaner for instance, you may want to keep your bookmarks! Therefore, you'll want to look at the files to see where the bookmarks are located, and uncheck that before you trash the rest.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine data | unable to upgrade OSX 10.4.11 to Leopard - HELP! »