New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Smart Notebook 10 won't install invalid checksum

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

karlos2000

karlos2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985

I am running OSx10.6.4 (Snow Leopard with latest updates) on a MacBookPro.

I am trying to install the Smart Notebook 10 software.

It is a free download, this software is used to drive interactive whiteboards in schools.

The download bit works fine, however when I click on the dmg file it tries to run the installer then fails with the message
Invalid checksum. I can skip the verification splash and go straight to install, but sure enough, the install fails.

My wife an I have same OS, same MBooks, and it fails on both.

Q: is it an OS10.6.4 thing, or a glitch in the software you think. Done a Google trawl and nobody seems to have issues with this software installing, sure there are usability glitches reported, but nobody reports falling at the 1st hurdle.

any ideas?

K

chances are I think you are a douche.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlos2000 View Post
I am running OSx10.6.4 (Snow Leopard with latest updates) on a MacBookPro.

I am trying to install the Smart Notebook 10 software.

It is a free download, this software is used to drive interactive whiteboards in schools.

The download bit works fine, however when I click on the dmg file it tries to run the installer then fails with the message
Invalid checksum. I can skip the verification splash and go straight to install, but sure enough, the install fails.

My wife an I have same OS, same MBooks, and it fails on both.

Q: is it an OS10.6.4 thing, or a glitch in the software you think. Done a Google trawl and nobody seems to have issues with this software installing, sure there are usability glitches reported, but nobody reports falling at the 1st hurdle.

any ideas?
Typically, when the checksum fails like it is for you, either the dmg got corrupted as you were downloading it, or the original dmg itself on the server had gotten corrupted since it was first made. My gut instinct would be that the source file on the server is corrupt since your and your wife are having the same problem on different Macs.

However… I just downloaded and installed what I think is the software you are talking about, and it installed and is running fine on my iMac. Assuming I got the right product, then there could be a couple things going on. Perhaps the file on the server was corrupt, but has since gotten fixed. Perhaps you are using some download manager that is corrupting the file as it is saving it. Perhaps you are not getting the right version for Mac OS 10.6 (they have older versions of the software for older versions of OS X).

So… assuming I have the right product, here's the link I have that is correct for 10.6.4. Give that a whirl and see if it works. If not, please let us know more specifics about what software you are downloading with (browser version, etc) and the specific link you are using.
SMART - SMART Notebook software,Mac operating system

EDIT: Be sure to hit the last "Download" link at the bottom. There are other links for other versions before you see that. Here's what the correct link leads to:
http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/S...Sv10Mac&eula=1

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
karlos2000

karlos2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985

loading the v9xx option of this software worked fine. It just doesn't like v10 here.

cheers

chances are I think you are a douche.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBookPro no longer allows software update or iTunes store access | Quicktime 7 Installation »