New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Awesome Idea.... Does it exist?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I had this idea that It would be cool if I could put a second dock on my computer, simmular to how you can put a dock on my windows computer.. Is there a program for mac osx.4 where I can put a second dock on my machine to put things like folders and files in to keep them out of my main dock and off of my desktop.... If not is is possible to make? I don't know how to program but just curious if I should take it up to try to make this dock idea. Or if anybody here is interested in giving it a shot that would be cool too, lol.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I know there was an application that did that in jaguar/panther, but not sure for tiger. Have you searched either macupdate or versiontracker?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

I searched all mornign but did not find anything, maybe I will search again.

Edit: while I am searching do you know what it was called on the panther version, maybe they updated or it runs on tiger?

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

ok decdided to use google to search version tracker and I have found a number of these types of programs, but what I want is a program that will allow both docks to be active at a time, such as one dock on the left and one dock on the bottom. or possibly even 3... on of the left one on the right and the default one on the bottom... If you stumble upon a program that does this let me know while I continue my search... a couple hours now for this one simple program idea.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Sounds like a waste of real estate. Perhaps there are just more efficient means to your end.

Using Folders with alias in them is what I do. Most of the time the dock is hidden.

comment = 2
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

my docks are hidden, but I like to keep my desktop clean or have easy access to folders if I have a program open, so i want 2 docks 1 on the side of the screen and one on the bottom, I want both to auto hide and I want to use it when I want and just leave it when I do not need it.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help With Palette | Disk utility>Macintosh HD>NEW IMAGE = Resource busy???? wtf »