New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - I've lost my stripes!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

I've put together a few pictures to show you what I mean, but some of the grey stripes that adorn OS X have been replaced by plain white after I installed Motion. What happened? It looks weird and ugly now, I want my stripes back!
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (98.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: png Picture 2.png (88.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: png Picture 3.png (36.1 KB, 37 views)

QUOTE Thanks
Ozone42

Ozone42 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" 1.8Ghz iMac G5 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgefusion
I've put together a few pictures to show you what I mean, but some of the grey stripes that adorn OS X have been replaced by plain white after I installed Motion. What happened? It looks weird and ugly now, I want my stripes back!
Where? That looks like tiger to me.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Looks normal to me too.
QUOTE Thanks
Morrigan

Yeah I was just thinking "Yeah, that looks exactly like mine." and then I realised that it IS exactly the same as mine! I don't know what stripes you're referring to - mail is like that.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yeah that's the new 'Plastic' theme that some apps now use (mail, system prefs, certain widgets and a few others..).

Tiger did that, not Motion.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

everybody is saying that it looks exactly like theirs, but I figured i would prove it. It was tiger that made it look like that, and I personally like it..
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (103.5 KB, 37 views)

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

Well then what the **** is wrong with me? lol

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Up until Jaguar, OS X had very noticeable pinstripes in window backgrounds.
For example,
http://www.cmu.edu/computing/documen...p-pulldown.jpg
(Look at that side-by-side with the attached Tiger images.)
The stripes have been toned down since then, but they're still there.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

indeed, i still see the stripes.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Yeah, I like the fact that the stripes have been toned down personally. They were a bit too strong before. However, I don't like the new "plasticy" look that some of Tigers programs have taken on. And I really want my old mail back (just with the new features of the new one, lol).
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
Yeah, I like the fact that the stripes have been toned down personally. They were a bit too strong before. However, I don't like the new "plasticy" look that some of Tigers programs have taken on. And I really want my old mail back (just with the new features of the new one, lol).
Yeah, I don't see why Apple changed the look in Tiger the way they did. It's just change for change's sake, with no actual improvement. And the new Mail look is just awful.
QUOTE Thanks
amendolair

amendolair is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D

personally i like the new look of the mail app and sys prefs.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by amendolair
personally i like the new look of the mail app and sys prefs.
me too the new mail looks good and bob's your uncle

QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

Never saw stripes, anyone have what he is taliking about. I'd like to see this.

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

i see the stripes , or maybe it's my imagination .

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X with NDS? | Startup Options »