New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Disk Utility stuck on.....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ItzzJake

ItzzJake is on a distinguished road

I am using a WD 500gb external hard drive (usb) and it is not showing up in Finder. Sometimes it disappears, and other times it's there and it works fine. Right now it has currently been missing for a couple hours. I ran disk utility, selected the drive, and clicked repair disk....it said all the stuff, then said "Updating boot support partitions for the volume as required." and says "7 minutes" but has been stuck there for hours!

Please help me, i am doing a football highlight video, and i need to have the file on the drive by tonight.

I'm using a macbook w/snow leopard

Macbook 2.13 GHz- 160GB Hard Drive- 2GB memory - Snow Leopard]
Droid X
HP Pavillion Elite - 2.80 GHz - 1.5TB Hard Drive - 8GB memory - Windows 7 (Let me know if it's combatible with Hackintosh )
QUOTE Thanks
ItzzJake

ItzzJake is on a distinguished road

Okay, now i just quit disk utility,(while it was still stuck) and i unplugged it, replugged it, and it came up in finder?

Macbook 2.13 GHz- 160GB Hard Drive- 2GB memory - Snow Leopard]
Droid X
HP Pavillion Elite - 2.80 GHz - 1.5TB Hard Drive - 8GB memory - Windows 7 (Let me know if it's combatible with Hackintosh )
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Which WD drive is this that you are trying to use? Specifically is it one of the drives that draws power by connecting to two USB ports simultaneously?

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't Work on Mac | Different/changed behavior for mouse pointer and spaces ? »