New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Spaces in Dock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ciwan

Ciwan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard

Hi Guys

A gentlemen sent me a link to this website which teaches you how to add spaces to your dock.

However it is not working for me !! Here is a screenshot of what I get when I type this command in the Terminal:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{tile-data={}; tile-type=“spacer-tile”;}’
Screenshot:

Note: No matter what I type after that, it just echos it out and does nothing. I know I'm suppose to do the {killall Dock} command but like I said that does nothing either.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.

"Animals, whom we have made our slaves, we do not like to consider our equal." .... Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

I personally stay away from the command line stuff, but for ease of use Docker for OSX will add spaces nice and easy for you..... I use this to change docks, spaces and the little indicator thingy lol

Hope it helps some

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
Ciwan

I don't like adding extra software just for adding a space to the dock

"Animals, whom we have made our slaves, we do not like to consider our equal." .... Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

dl it add a space then trash it if thats the way you feel

Cheers

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Oh and i just tried the terminal thing, and get the same as your screenshot so me is thinking maybe the command is wrong ??

QUOTE Thanks
Ciwan

That's my guess too.

Though I am not sure since I am a Mac n00b.

Thanks

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Trust me this one Dock manipulation App isnt going to damage your Mac and it takes up minimal space 18.4MB siting in my applications folder .....
Its safe

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac. How Do I...? | E-mail querie? »