New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Just a thought?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jonzjob

Jonzjob is an unknown at this point

I had a thought when I woke up this morning. Well, it's a safe thing to do because I am still lying down!

It is possible to install a Windoze operating system on my Intel based iMac 20 1/2 inch machine as well as the OS X.

BUT does anyone know if it is possible to install OS X onto a Windoze based machine? i.e. onto my laptop with Windoze 7 on it at the moment!!

If so, how? It would be a clean install on a formatted system and possibly have Windoze 7 on it as well?

Any ideas folks?

John.
I have discovered that wine gets better with age. The older I get the more I like it ! http://jonzjob.hpage.com/
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Sorry, discussion of OSX on Non Apple Hardware is not allowed here at Mac Forums. That is what some call the HackIntosh, OSX86, ETC. It involves getting around Apples protection in order to work and that is not legal.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonzjob

Very sorry, I hadn't realised that there was any conflict. I just thought that it would be a similar situation as the legal inclusion of Windoze on a Mac machine?

I take it then that even if I were to buy a totally legal copy of OS X I can't legally do anything with it. Sorry if this sounds thick, but I am totally new to the Mac world...

John.
I have discovered that wine gets better with age. The older I get the more I like it ! http://jonzjob.hpage.com/
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Windows on a Mac is totally legal. Nothing is being changed or hacked. It just installs. Bootcamp just helps the user repartition the drive and starts the Windows install. Microsoft has no problem with it either.

Even with a legal OSX DVD, it's still not legal to install it on non Apple hardware. Also even if you do things and get it working, there is a very narrow range of hardware supported by OSX and unless your PC has that hardware, you will have no driver support.

Hope I did not come off in bad way. My response was just going by the rules here on Mac Forums and to let you know.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonzjob

I must admit that I was a little surprised by the curt reply, but it is very difficult to transmit attitudes on a forum. I have fell into the same trap a few times. No problems mate and thank you for the info..

You have to admit that if it were possible and legal it would be way of screwing such a lot of virus idiot makers??

John.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Kext? Kernel Extensions? | folders inside of folder »