New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Slow restart and shutdown

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crazysxycool

crazysxycool is on a distinguished road

I have an iMac (early 2009 model) that I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard(10.6.3) from Leopard and now when I restart and shutdown, it takes almost 30 secs for both, compared to when I was running Leopard, it literally took about a second (maybe 2). I've tried verifying/repair disk permissions, clearing cache, turning off airport utility, etc. per some suggestions through Google to no avail. There are no programs running before shutdown. I'm wondering if something was included in the upgrade/updates to slow the shutdown process.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Wy
QUOTE Thanks
crazysxycool

Issued resolved. Thread can be closed.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

What was the problem (assuming you can call a 30 second restart/shutdown/startup a problem) so that others may learn/know??

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
crazysxycool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
What was the problem (assuming you can call a 30 second restart/shutdown/startup a problem) so that others may learn/know??

Regards
There wasn't a start up issue.

The problem was there were 2 Parallels Desktop services left behind after I uninstalled it. I went to their site and followed the instructions for complete removal and my problem was solved. I was using an app called AppCleaner to do the uninstallation. Obviously it didn't remove everything.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can i reinstall Leopard from Snow Leopard | Safari Crash After 10.5.2 Update »