New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

problems restoring from time machine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Portdogmc

Portdogmc is on a distinguished road

So my late model macbook pro started having some strange issues then wouldn't even boot into my mac partition, only the windows side. So i popped in my snow leopard CD and restored from my time machine backup. All my files seem to have been restored but lots of things like preferences, settings in apps, bookmarks, my background and dock settings, and other stuff like that weren't put back to normal. I thought time machine was supposed to keep all my preferences and stuff? Did something go wrong or did I just expect too much?
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

When you selected to restore from time machine backups, you would have been asked if you want restore files and folders, applications, user settings and preferences, etc.
You may have chosen not to restore your user settings my mistake.
QUOTE Thanks
Portdogmc

Portdogmc is on a distinguished road

I've tried again and can't seem to find that option. I am using snow leopard install disks if that matters? I feel like i remember there being more options on leopard install disks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Questions About Selling my iMac | Changing iCal default alarms »