New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mcsv

mcsv is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I just bought a brand new 27 inch IMAC and loving it! Everything still works and I still love it, however, a weird thing has happened. I tried to install Windows 7 with Parallel and Bootcamp and both were unsuccessful for some reason. So, I removed it and removed the partitions as well...I think. Anyhow, now the log on prompt is gone. I have three accounts, one of which is a guest account and I can't log into them. When I start the IMAC, it goes straight to the main account's desktop without requiring a password. I do have a password setup for each account. The only time I can get into and out of user accounts is when I log out and log in to another user's. That's the only time, I can choose which user I want and to input it's password. When I first start up the IMAC, that prompt is not there! Anybody can get into my admin account without a password and my wife can't even get into hers unless I log out of mines without shutting down. I also tried to remove other accounts but I still can't log into mines.

I'm pretty new to Apple / MACs so I'm kind of lost now on how to fix this. I did a reinstall but nothing's changed. What can I do to fix this? Please help!
QUOTE Thanks
mcsv

mcsv is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I figured out the problem. It was under auto log in settings. Please ignore.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Startup Chime Repeats | ibook g4 system updates fail? »