OS 10.6 date/time formats -- how to change
    I am unable to figure out how to get the menu bar to display the various formats for dates and times -- I know they're in the Languages and text preferences of system preferences, but I cannot figure out how to display the short, long, medium or full formats -- or even how to change a custom one.

This is driving me crazy . Can somebody please help?

Quote Originally Posted by Straitsfan View Post
    I am unable to figure out how to get the menu bar to display the various formats for dates and times -- I know they're in the Languages and text preferences of system preferences, but I cannot figure out how to display the short, long, medium or full formats -- or even how to change a custom one.

This is driving me crazy . Can somebody please help?
    You can't change it to "long" vs "short" in Snow Leopard. In Leopard (and Tiger, I believe), there was an undocumented/unsupported method of doing it, but no longer.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    You can use istat menus to change the date time format in Snow Leopard. It's $10.00 to purchase.

Regards.

Then why do they include those options in the dialog box? Why is there the option to type text or drag time/date elements to the various forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Straitsfan View Post
    Then why do they include those options in the dialog box? Why is there the option to type text or drag time/date elements to the various forms?
    It's for other applications that obey those preferences. *shrug* Yeah… I know it's inconsistent. I liked the way I used to have mine customized also.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information