New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Switching from Gmail to Mac Mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

henry33@aracnet

henry33@aracnet is on a distinguished road

I used Gmail briefly due to problems with my new iMac and Mac Mail but now Mac Mail is working again and I want to return to it. There are no new messages in Mac Mail because all 700 went to Gmail. If I cancel Gmail completely now will I still be able to access those msgs or download them to Mac Mail? And how do I download them if I need to before cancelling?
- John
QUOTE Thanks
DRMac

DRMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD

Make sure when you flip that you enable forwarding.

Go into Settings and then pop and forwarding and set pop to push your email to mac mail, or if you use imap you can set that also in the same section
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Just follow the GMail instructions on the master web page where the setup instructions for GMail are located. Follow the steps they give for using GMail with Mac Mail. It works very well and all your mail will be retained on the GMail server along with downloading to Mac Mail if you desire. You can even set up your mail service as iMap rather than POP when using GMail.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You can rescue all those Gmail messages by connecting Mac Mial to Gmail

Here's a guide

Apple Mail 3.0 - Gmail Help

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard Hanging-Running VERY SLOW | Apple G5 Quad 2.5 operating system »