New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Opening documents!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fncos

fncos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF

Hi,

I got the following window opening "There is no default application to open the documents with - two buttons as choices> CANCEL CHOOSE APPLICATIOn"

Pressing choose application, non seems to be able to open that kind of document, or did I overlook an application! As it seems its an enhanced PDF zip file, any solutions to this?

I have an other issue with an other document; it says "The document is not in the right format" the only option you have is to click "OK", how to get this into a correct format?

Again related to this I have image files with continues numbering, that I cant seem to be able to open in the usual way. How to make such kind of image files visible?

{(I have tried to put together questions, that seem to me related to the same issues, to avoid posting similar kind of questions on the Forum(s)}!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

You are trying to open a PDF? Try Preview, and if that doesn't work, install Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Macintosh and see if that works better..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Do either (or both) of the documents have filename extensions? (usually three characters following a . ) On the first one, it's quite possible that you can't open it without additional software.
QUOTE Thanks
fncos

Hi,

thanks for the inputs...

I am trying to open some PDF and image files - I am not sure what those documents contain! I am often reading through PDF files, but these one's seem to be enhanced PDF files - maybe graphs/flash, but some of those PDF files seem normal text based files maybe with pictures!

I did try PDF preview, and Adobe Reader before posting this question...

I am not sure what the issue's here are, to be able to locate more appropriate add-ons/software.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all

Please answer the question I posed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
Do either (or both) of the documents have filename extensions? (usually three characters following a . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by fncos View Post
but these one's seem to be enhanced PDF files
What leads you to that conclusion?
QUOTE Thanks
fncos

Yes both documents have filename extensions.

From the past I know, I did get from the same sender some enhanced PDF files with similar extensions, which had few medias in one file i. e. sketch, clip, graphs, and text.

In that case on my Windows laptop few media processing software would open to ask, which one I want to use...!

If that is now the case, how will this need to be handled on a Mac?

Also, how else, can I know if a file is an enhanced PDF or for that matter any other kind of file?
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fncos View Post
Yes both documents have filename extensions.
Ok, from one literalist to another, great job answering that question!
Now I have another: What are the extensions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Download's vs Documents folder! | Arabic menus »