Thread: Restoring my Macbook Pro
05-01-2010, 09:43 AM #1
Restoring my Macbook Pro
- Member Since
- Dec 29, 2009
I think i am going to be selling my macbook pro and was wondering what happens if i put it back to factory settings with regards to -
1) I have office 2008, can this be reinstalled and can i transfer it to the name of the person who buys it?
2) i have windows 7 on bootcamp, will this be affected and again can i transfer
this into the buyers name?
3) i have also bought a MacHeist bundle,if i restore will this wipe off the system and if so can i re-install it using the codes i have? again can this be transfered into the persons name ?
Then i have just got to figure out how much it is worth!
any help is much appreciated
05-01-2010, 04:18 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 23, 2008
- Keller, Texas
- Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, 3 iPods, Sierra
Rule of thumb when selling your machine:
1. Wipe the hard drive clean with your original install media. Reinstall OS X and included applications from that same media.
2. Any software you wish to transfer to the new owner you must: Give them the original media and activation codes. (Do not keep copies for yourself.) Transfer the license (if required by EULA)
3. With regard to placing a value on your Mac, go here.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By jparikh23 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2014, 01:55 AM
By djtrouble in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 08-06-2013, 03:00 PM
By Jon7 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 7Last Post: 10-13-2012, 09:51 PM
By SSas in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM
By DVS_WiNdz in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 02-19-2010, 11:02 PM