New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

bad mess with file extension

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

parappo

parappo is on a distinguished road

hi,
i did a bad disaster with a file extension..
i was trying to divide a 70 giga entourage 2004 database to copy it on an external disk using "Split&Concat" app.
when choosing the file to split the program asked for an extension cause the database file hadn't one. i STUPIDLY added to it the same extension exported identity file has (please don't ask me why that i'm already embarassed for how i acted). at this point i was able to split and compress the file. done with this the database file even removing the extension i had added is no more recognized by entourage whic now opens as if there is nothing inside it.. the file is anyway always 70 gigas so i suppose the database is still in there..

sorry for being so long in explaining but i did a long mess..
is there anything i can do to recover it? even entourage database utility doesn't work.

i was thinking of opening the file in a text editor (don't know if it can open such a big file) and change the header in the file to return it to its original specs.. but at this point i'm aware that anything i do i do it wrong..

thanks for any help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trash Can | Mac OS x 10.5 Leopard Installation »