New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

having trouble view websites correctly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

abush1984

abush1984 is on a distinguished road

alright i have safari 2.0 and certain websites just don't show up correctly for example facebook has all the information pushed to the left of the screen and other websites i can't read the whole page because it cuts it off even if i scroll over its not there im thinking its just a settings issue but im not sure.
QUOTE Thanks
in00b

in00b will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" i7

i have the same issue with thepiratebay.org
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

You have a very old version of Safari. It's up to 4.0.5 now. It's highly likely the problem is your use of a long-outdated version.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

and your OS version is ____
QUOTE Thanks
abush1984

abush1984 is on a distinguished road

my OS is 10.4 i will have to update the safari and see if that fixes my problem
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Using age old browsers to view websites that you use the latest technology will always cause you problems..most large websites will try to maintain some compatibility with older browsers..but there's gotta be a cut-off somewhere..

So definitely update Safari if you can..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

I agree with the others. It's probably the old web browser you are using. When new HTML programming and other internet related technology is introduced the older browsers don't know how to use them or interpret them so it is a good idea to use the latest browsers.

Just the security alone is a good reason to use the latest because an old browser doesn't have all the new security fixes. IMO web browsers are one of the few things I think is important to use the latest technology especially if you use the internet a lot. Just about all of them are free so it won't cost you anything to do so and most of them will alert you when there is an update.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by abush1984 View Post
my OS is 10.4 i will have to update the safari and see if that fixes my problem
Yep. Make sure you get the Safari version that is for Tiger.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't Disable Safe-Sleep Image... | can you put safari in different spaces or can only be used in one particular space? »