New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Reclaim space from failed jam pack installation

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kinson

kinson is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Macs and was trying to install a Jam Pack just now, but halfway through the first disc I realized it probably wasn't what I was looking for (thought it was a violin tutorial). I didn't cancel the installation, but at the end, it mentioned something about some kind of error (forgot to screenshot ).

Anyways, I can only assume it was a botched install of some sort, I don't see anything new on garageband. That being said, i just want to make sure that it's off my system, as the installer said it would take up 5GB of space.

How would I check if it's taking up space on the hdd? Not too familiar with the Mac filesystem yet.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Kinson
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

The first idea that comes to mind is to re-install the Jam Pack, then delete it from garage band to get the space back. As the re-install will over write the partially install mess you did before.

And for it taking up space on your hard drive I'd look at this Application.
Disk Inventory X
It just is a visual representation of the stuff on your Hard Drive. And you can see what stuff is clogging it up.

Deleting the partially installed jampack - well I found this link:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread....readID=1462585
That might be of use to you.
QUOTE Thanks
kinson

kinson is on a distinguished road

@the8thark

Thanks for the link to the post, sorry didn't manage to find it before.

Perhaps I'll try reinstalling the jam pack again and see if I can remove it after. Just worried that if 1 disc takes up 5GB, then the 2nd disc might take up another 5GB that I don't know how to remove, haha.

Will try and post feedback.

Thanks!
Kinson
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need help os messed up?? | iMac Security »