New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Trouble downloading files on safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bikermunda

bikermunda is on a distinguished road

I need some help.

I am having issues downloading files from the internet. I tried downloading firefor but it is not happening and i am tired trying and thought if someone can give me some advice to resolve the issue
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Details, please… details.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
bikermunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Details, please… details.
What details you are looking for ... when i got to firefox.com and click on the download it goes to the download page and then nothing happens and i tried the same for yahoo messenger and same thing happens

this is the page where firefox download goes and nothing happens

http://3347-mozilla.voxcdn.com/pub/m...ox%203.6.3.dmg

If there are any specific details needed then please let me know and i will provide them to you
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Open a Finder Window, go to the Sidebar and click on the Downloads section. The files may be there but wouldn't show up in Safari's Downloads window if you have Private Browsing turned on. If that is what happens it can look like nothing is happening. Especially if you have a fast connection.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
bikermunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Open a Finder Window, go to the Sidebar and click on the Downloads section. The files may be there but wouldn't show up in Safari's Downloads window if you have Private Browsing turned on. If that is what happens it can look like nothing is happening. Especially if you have a fast connection.
Well i check everything you mentioned to me but nothing i am still not being able to download any files
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Has this always been a problem, or just started out of the blue? Do you have any plug-ins installed? Are you not able to download ANYTHING at all from anywhere?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
bikermunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Has this always been a problem, or just started out of the blue? Do you have any plug-ins installed? Are you not able to download ANYTHING at all from anywhere?
Yes i am not been able to download anything and it happened recently only before i was able to download stuff but now nothing this is really frustrating because i cant even download yahoo messenger
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I'm not sure I understand your usage of the term "download" real well. It's almost like you're saying that nothing will appear in your Safari window. Is it that no web page will completely load, or even start to appear?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Prevent script from running on home network | Partition »