New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can`t start Snow leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rashed

Rashed is on a distinguished road

Hi! I have a macbook with snow leopard, which lagged while i was downloading a file from internet and meanwhile i was transferring a file from mac to a pc in home network. I got the waiting icon and i tried to force close but couldn`t get there because i got waiting icon even in finder. So i shut it with the shupdown button. Now when i start it upp so i just get the gray screen. Can anyone please help me how can i start it i have a lots of important files in it. One more thing that maybe help u that i was downloading in my system partition which was nearly full and the file i was downloading was bigger than the free space i hade. while it was downloading i was trying to make free space. So i think maybe because of full in system partition i cant start.

Please help me out
Thanks

I tried restarting sometimes and i could now boot with DVD. With the disk utility i can`t se my hardisk i can only se the DVD. Does this mean the hardisk is crashed??
QUOTE Thanks
Rashed

Rashed is on a distinguished road

I found that my hard drive doesn`t work it is spinning and clicking. Can anyone please help me to repair it or tell me how i can recover my data.

Please
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail | Installing OS X security update 2010-003 »