Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Apr 21, 2010
    Posts
    12
    Exclamation Random noises/voices
    Hi i really need help... I have been hearing random noises and voices coming out from my Mac laptop. I brought it last year and it has Mac OS X 10.5.8... It sounded like it was from a video.. oh and a popping noises when someone gives you a message from facebook...... It even sounded like a loud purr at one stage. Anyway... when it happened i hid all my applications that was open and... nothing was there. The noises sometimes goes on for like a few seconds. I dont now what the problem is and i dont now where the source is coming from. I went over to the Mac shop and he said that he needs the source so they can eliminate it... He also said that i could be that voice over application... but it wasnt even close to that noise... >.<"

  2. #2
    Random noises/voices
    toMACsh's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 30, 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,836
    Specs:
    Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    So, you've already made sure that VoiceOver is off?

    What is checked under Sound Effects in the Sound prefs panel? Play with those.

  3. #3
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Apr 21, 2010
    Posts
    12
    Unhappy Im so lost...
    I just tried it again and it wasn't those applications that was causing the noise... Last night it happened again and it was a female fluent english and it seriously sounded like she was interacting with something... You now like in the movies. ><"

  4. #4
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Jun 02, 2008
    Posts
    709
    I thought it was my macbook as well but it turned out to be voices in my head. :p

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

  5. #5
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Apr 21, 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs down I am not imagining it.
    That's okay. But I'm serious here... The random noises/voices is getting annoying... and I researched put on the net saying that it could be a spy ware, widget, and poor speakers... But I donít think its those... I deleted all the widget that was unnecessary... Also, this was happening a while back everyday around 3.... and when i mentioned in front of the laptop that i was going to get it checked it stopped... >.> And now since last week it started back again. But this time it's after midnight. I seriously think it's spyware... dammit.. I cant even find that stupid thing.

  6. #6
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Sep 09, 2009
    Location
    Down Under :D
    Posts
    5,484
    Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    The best I can advise without hearing it, or having a look at your system, keep activity monitor open, and when this is happening, take a screen shot and post it!

  7. #7
    Random noises/voices
    hughvane's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 18, 2008
    Location
    Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,296
    Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    There's more about this issue on M-F, but I'm darned if I can find it. Turned out it was the remnants of a game app that had been deleted. Another example to crop up was a radio station that had been used.

    If you're using wireless, make sure it's secure and that your connection isn't being pirated.

    Check your SysPrefs > Accounts > Login Items to see if anything there might be the cause of the mystery noises.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

    I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

  8. #8
    Random noises/voices
    Collin Bl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 07, 2009
    Location
    Napier NZ
    Posts
    3,291
    Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    or somthing... >.> and that went on for like a few seconds until i turned on the iantivirus to scan... >,<"
    The above from your post on the other thread - try getting rid of the antivirus stuff - you don't need it and then the voices could well disappear. Read threads on Forum re antivirus - generally considered more trouble than they are worth.

  9. #9
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Apr 21, 2010
    Posts
    12
    Unhappy
    I got it because it was making that funky noise...I'll delete that now. Anyway i finally got the reading from the noise/random thing...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Apr 21, 2010
    Posts
    12
    Random voice/noise
    Quote Originally Posted by 6string View Post
    The best I can advise without hearing it, or having a look at your system, keep activity monitor open, and when this is happening, take a screen shot and post it!

    Okay here it is. Click to enlarge it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    Random noises/voices
    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    18,970
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    It's not spyware. For starters, Macs don't have any. But even if they did, the idea behind spyware is to be SNEAKY. Announcing oneself doesn't really sound like something a spy would do, does it?

    Check your date/time settings to be sure you don't have the time set to announce itself, check the VoiceOver and Universal Access settings to make sure they're turned off.

    Get in the habit of quitting all the apps you're not using when you're done with them. I'll bet anything that makes the "noises" go away, which will prove that it was something on your end all along.

  12. #12
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Apr 21, 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    It's not spyware. For starters, Macs don't have any. But even if they did, the idea behind spyware is to be SNEAKY. Announcing oneself doesn't really sound like something a spy would do, does it?

    Check your date/time settings to be sure you don't have the time set to announce itself, check the VoiceOver and Universal Access settings to make sure they're turned off.

    Get in the habit of quitting all the apps you're not using when you're done with them. I'll bet anything that makes the "noises" go away, which will prove that it was something on your end all along.
    Yeah... When it goes on tomorrow i will cancel all the app... See how it goes from there.... >.>"

  13. #13
    Random noises/voices

    Member Since
    Apr 21, 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFlake View Post
    I thought it was my macbook as well but it turned out to be voices in my head. :p

    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
    There's more about this issue on M-F, but I'm darned if I can find it. Turned out it was the remnants of a game app that had been deleted. Another example to crop up was a radio station that had been used.

    If you're using wireless, make sure it's secure and that your connection isn't being pirated.

    Check your SysPrefs > Accounts > Login Items to see if anything there might be the cause of the mystery noises.

    Ummm whats M-F? MAc forum? But if that is the case... im allready here 8D

  14. #14
    Random noises/voices
    toMACsh's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 30, 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,836
    Specs:
    Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikuy View Post
    Ummm whats M-F? MAc forum? But if that is the case... im allready here 8D
    Yeah, it's mac-forums.com, or M-F for short, except on weekends.

    hugh means using the Search button for other threads.

  15. #15
    Random noises/voices
    benparko's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 24, 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    318
    Specs:
    15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikuy View Post
    oh and a popping noises when someone gives you a message from facebook......
    Haha, dude that's normal. Facbook chat makes a little pop noise when you receive a new chat message...

    Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Random noises
    By zman2408 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
  2. Mac Voices
    By MoltenWhale in forum Music, Audio, and Podcasting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
  3. Other voices on OS X
    By lbrewer42 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
  4. More speech voices
    By mknabster in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 03:05 PM
  5. OS X Voices
    By rs2sensen in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •